TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - It was nice meeting you and your Z!
People Seeking Info

Subject It was nice meeting you and your Z!

Posted by DarkZide on April 23, 2013 at 3:54 PM
  This message has been viewed 729 times.

In Reply To 2013 STL dyno tuning with SpecialityZ : Full results posted by maglito on April 22, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Message I wish I could have spent more time watching them tune yours. It was very impressive. It's great to see guys coming together on a build like this and improving the Z greatness! I love this E85 gas.

On a side note, when we put E85 in rays car with the Haltech, it was reading 63% as well. His was a mix of E85 and what ever was left in the tank. On John Davids Z his tank was bone dry and filled with E85 which registered 68%. So the pumps that read minimum 70% ethanol there are sitting at about 68%. probably loses a couple % from the plant and sitting in the tanks at the station. We also tested some so called E85 that had a minimum 50% on the pump there. This showed up at 51% on the Haltech readings. I would never use this stuff in your Z, so watch out for that. Ours in Nebraska is all 70% minimum, and I have seen a few pumps in Phoenix that are 85% min. As you keep refilling with the 68% stuff your ethanol content gauge should keep rising until it hits that.

And come to Branson next month!

"Speed costs money. How fast can you afford to go". -DarkZide

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.